COVID Vaccination Information
• The NHS will contact people in the priority groups when it is their turn to receive the vaccine.
• It will take some time to get things up and running across north Cumbria and to get through the priority groups as identified by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
• It will take a long time to even get through the first couple of priority cohorts – please be patient
The NHS is prioritising vaccinating those people who experts have agreed will benefit from it the most. We will let you know when it is your turn to book your vaccination.
Check if you or your child has coronavirus symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), get a test as soon as possible. Stay at home until you get the result.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.
To arrange a test or for more information please use the following link
***** New Online Consult feature *****
Do you have a routine query or problem that does not require immediate assistance, or do you need to request a letter or a medical report?
We have a new Online Consult feature where our patients are able to send us a secure message. This is available via our website 24/7 and we aim to respond to you within 48hrs (excluding weekends)
🚗🚗NEW Dispensary Delivery Service 🚗🚗
As of Monday 3rd August 2020 we will be launching a dispensary delivery service.
If you would like to have your medication delivered to your home 🏡 please call the dispensary to discuss delivery dates and times.
☎️ Dispensary line: 01946 833 155
We are closed (surgery and dispensary) for essential staff training on
- Thursday 21st January 2021
- Wednesday 10th February 2021
- Thursday 18th March 2021
On each date the surgery and dispensary will close at 1pm and re-open the following morning. The surgery will re-open at 8:00am and the dispensary will re-open at 9am.
When our GP practice is closed, patients should call the NHS 111 service by dialling 111.
Flu Clinics 2020
We have a flu jab clinic this Thursday 10th December 2020 1pm - 4:20-pm for those aged 65 and over - for an appointment call reception on 01946 830 207.
Please note that people in the 50-64 year old age group will not be vaccinated until November and December, providing there is sufficient vaccine, and no appointments will be offered for this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are aged 50-64 and you are in one of the other groups which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.
We ask that all patients who attend surgery for any reason wear a mask/face covering.
This could be a mask, a scarf or any other fabric covering.
For advice on masks please visit the link below:...
While wearing your mask please follow some useful advice
1. Do not touch or adjust while wearing.
2. Do not borrow or lend
3. Make sure it fits tight but comfortable
4. Make sure it is clean (clean daily or when needed)
5. Wear the right side out.
6. If there is damage to it, throw it away.
7. If it is stained, throw it away.
8. If it is damp, change it.
9. Don’t wear your partners or family members, or anyone else’s.
Opening hours for the surgery, dispensary & prescription ordering line until further notice
Monday - Friday
Surgery: 08:00am - 18:30pm
Monday - Friday
Dispensary: 09:00am - 13:00pm & 14:00pm - 16:30pm
Prescription ordering line (01946 833 155): 10:00am - 13:00pm & 14:00pm - 16:30pm
Please allow 72 hours for repeat prescription ordering
Please note that if you are prescribed medication from your appointment at the Red Hub someone else should collect this medication on your behalf and after your appointment at the red hub you should immediately return home.
PATIENTS GIVEN APPOINTMENTS AT OUR RED HUB:
During the current COVID-19 outbreak, patients experiencing certain symptoms (breathing issues and / or fever) and who have been telephone assessed by a GP to need a face-to-face examination will be called to our local 'Red Hub'.
Please note that if you are prescribed medication from your appointment at the Red Hub someone else should collect this medication on your behalf and after your appointment at the red hub you should immedi...atley return home.
Click here www.northcumbriaccg.nhs.uk/redhubs to find out more about where to go, what it will look and feel like and what to do when you arrive. There is also a short film and animation to explain why it looks different for children.
For the latest COVID-19 information and guidance
The learning disability matters for families website was launched earlier this year to support families and carers of children and young people with a learning disability around advice and guidance, support, useful tips and contacts.
They have updated the website with some information around Covid-19 specifically relating to resilience and health and wellbeing of families. A range of resources are available from short guides, films and useful websites / contacts. These include:
- Sleep tips
- 5 ways to wellbeing
- Strategies to support parents during isolation
- Managing stress
- Useful contacts
- Other useful websites
- What other information do you need?
The website link can be found here: https://learningdisabilitymatters.co.uk/covid-19/
WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE SELF ISOLATION SICK NOTES PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW
GP - COVID - Privacy Notice
If you need a Podiatry self referral form please use the one below
Podiatry Self-Referral form
(Site updated 08/01/2021)